Friday, August 15, 2008

Who Says A Skirt Is Sweet?


When i was a child, my grandfather told me that "girls are made of sugar and spice, and everything nice." For me, this calls to mind the image of an angelic child wearing a saccharin-sweet dress while laughing and playing in a lush field of flowers. As an adult, I have a soft spot in my heart for sweet and girly skirts and dresses. Take, for example, my favorite Luella-esque tiered floral skirt from Target's GO International Private Label. To keep it from looking too "sugar and spice," I added a vaguely Gothic layered necklace, a SATC-inspired studded belt, and then added my oft-worn mod-ish ankle boots to further toughen up the look. Come fall, I anticipate pairing it with textured tights, a chunky sweater, and knee-high boots. Cool weather, I'm ready for you!

No comments: